Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prom? Prom.

It's been awhile since my last prom. 7 years, actually. But every spring, I desperately wish I had a similarly good excuse to make my parents buy me a really sassy dress, because alas, those excuses run few and far between these days. It all seems so terribly unfair, because given the chance, my dresses now would kick the shit out of my dresses then. What was I thinking back then? I mean, aside from the fact that the local Macy's didn't carry, say, Christopher Decarnin for Balmain. But still. These dresses from the Spring/Summer '09 shows would be at the top of my prom wish list (how very Cosmo Girl of me). Although, were I to show up at a dance wearing any of them, I would probably be incapable of dancing without exposing myself and my date probably wouldn't be able to touch me without disturbing some priceless crystal or fold of fabric... But who really cares when they're this amazing.

Balmain:


Marchesa:


Luella: